Followers

Friday 9 March 2012

Blue & White

Happy Friday everyone!!

It's been a hard day for me today. It would have been my Mam and Dad's 38th Wedding Anniversary. We've, my brother and I, have spent some time trying to get their finances sorted out. My dad died 8 weeks ago today, and we're still getting letters from HMRC wanting money for a late returned tax return-which he didn't get. Apart from him being 72, and well into his retirement he had a stroke 2 and a half years ago and needed help to get out of the chair. The bank have messed up bank accounts, and were trying to say it was our fault, until I pointed out that I didn't do any of the inputting into the computer. Then finally, I had to phone the pensions agency, as my mam passed away and was still owed money a cheque came for my dad, which he obviously can't cash, I've already returned this once, aaarghh!!!

Well anyway, onto my card. I was so pleased when I saw today's challenge at Just Magnolia and hAnglar stAnglar, 'Blue and White', I got to use the image I used to do yesterdays tutorial, yay!


I've used a few scraps out of my box, they're from Magnolia and Pion. I've distressed all of the edges, and I was brave and used acrylic paint.


The flowers and ribbon are from Wild Orchid Crafts, so is the brad. I've used a doohickey border die.


I've stitched all of the edges, and added stickles and glamour dust to give it some sparkle.


As demonstrated in yesterdays tutorial, Tilda has been coloured with distress inks.


I'm going to go and have a few glasses of wine to celebrate my Mam's and Dad's anniversary.

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Becky!!!! Love your coloring of this cute Tilda! Outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! Amazing coloring, and wonderfully designed! Georgeus!!!
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so gorgeous and your colouring is just fantastic.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous design Becky!! Love your coloring on Tilda and your shimmery design!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog! Hope that you will join us every Friday and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Becky. I love coloring and all details especialy blue button on bow. Hugs. Lily Anuska

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky
    my heart goes out to you, today must have been such a hard day to get through, then to add to that you have to put up with all the rubbish from HMRC the bank & the pension agency , I hope thing's will get sorted out for you. You could do without all this with what you have had to go through over the last few month's.
    Your card (as alway's) is beautiful, love the paper's. Your tutorial was very good and I am going to (TRY) it, as I love your colouring. Sorry I've been AWOL for the last few days, but my household has been (VERY) hectic with the 4 grandkids staying lol.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Becky! Your card is just beautiful and I love your colouring and the gorgeous brad on the bow :)
    I'm hoping you have a much better day tomorrow ~ Enjoy the wine :)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky

    What a really stunningly beautiful card - I just love everything about it.

    I am now following you and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations.

    take care

    hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is STUNNING Becky, I love it
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning becky gorgeous colouring and layout thanks so much for joining us at just magnolia this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete