Followers

Sunday 10 November 2013

Lovely Lili 'Add Sparkle'

Morning everyone, I hope that you are all having a lovely weekend. Later on today we will be going round the war memorial for the Remembrance Service. My Granda was killed during WW2, and my other Granda actually served n WW1, but luckily he came home. I live slap bang in the middle of the bombardment that happened 16th December, 1914, and the first soldier killed on British soil during that war was at the end of my street.

It's time for the Lili Of The Valley Challenge at The Ribbon Girl, our theme is Add Sparkle.


I have coloured Rosie Posy in with distress markers, the sentiment is off the Summer Bears Companion Sheet. The papers are from the 6x6 paper pad from Maja Design's Vintage Autumn Basics, the edges have been distressed with Walnut Stain.



Hugs,

Becky xx


7 comments:

  1. Stunning colours and design! I LOVE the deep red roses. Fabulous card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the sweet image, lovely papers and all the gorgeous embellishments. Your layout is just fab. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting notes Becky, my Dad and his 3 brothers all served in the DLI during the complete time the WW2 was on, I believe called up when they all worked down the pit as they were all in the territorials - all injured but all survived, my Mam was a cook at Middleton st George camp (which is where she met my Dad) my Mother in Law worked in a munitions factory and my Auntie was a cook in the army - your card is lovely by the way. Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,love the design and the cute Rosie,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply a whole lot of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours and colouring. You do the LOTV images so well! Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete