Followers

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Circus Trixie

Hi everyone, I'm  here today with my take on Carnival theme at Live and Love Crafts. I decided to go with two meanings, being from the UK I tend to think of carnival as fairgrounds, parades, circus' etc. In fact in Hartlepool we have a fair that visits us every year, and has done since the 1200's, which culminates on Carnival Saturday, this is in August. 

So when I first saw this challenge, after the initial, eek what have you given us now Sandy, lol, I immediately thought of this image, and then with it being Shrove Tuesday next week, or Mardi Gras, and if I have it right, Mardi Gras is the end of the Carnival, so I went with the Purple and Green of Mardi Gras, I toned down the yellow to cream, so it's sort of there in spirit.

Phew, what a lot of waffle, here's my card.


I've used papers from my favourite collection 'Shall We Have Coffee', and have distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz tool.


As always there are links to everything at the end of the post.


I have coloured Circus Trixie in with distress reinkers, I love all of her hair.


Thanks for looking,

Hugs,

Becky xx



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card!! Love your coloring!! FAB colors.. And so Beautiful Decorated.. Love the Flower Embellishment!! and the way you have put it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Becky. Lovely details.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous what a great image and idea I think carnival theme would be quite hard but you've captured it perfectly Stunning card fab papers Love and Happy Crafting Carole x
    PS Living in the NE I followed all your waffle no probs !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Becky,
    yeah I know... I'm a mean boss lady, but as I was saying to Alyce how much fun would it be if we hade lace and pink every week?! :-) Fab shabby card; as always beautifully put together, and great choice of image for the theme.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky, Your colouring blows me away!! Absolutely fantastic card. Wonderful design as always. Check out my blog candy you could win. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I can see why this is your favourite paper collection, so beautiful.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Stunning" is the only word I need to say about card Becky.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky,
    your colouring blows me away!! Absolutely fantastic card. Wonderful design as always.
    Hugs Danica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you sure know how to make the theme your own babe and up the ante!! Gorgeous card. Love your choice of papers and like Sandy said, perfect choice of image! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that image!!!!! Such a cute card! I also LOVE that paper! Beautiful card Becky!!!! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete