Followers

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Mother's Day

First off I must say a big hello to my first two followers Jackie and Vicky!! Thank you ladies.

I've had quite a hectic few days, it was my mam's birthday in November and I gave her the option of being taken out for a meal, or come to mine-she chose mine. My dad has a stroke in June 2009 and my mam has to do so much for him, and I have to rely on her to mind my two kids she deserved pampering. Well the snow hit not long after and we couldn't get my dad round in his chair. Then finding a Friday night that fit in with my brother and my shifts was hard we eventually got last Friday. I got home from work at dinnertime to find my parcel from Lili of the Valley, I only had time to stroke the stamps with all of the preparation and school runs and cooking to do. We had a great night, my cooking was a huge success. But, I couldn't get my stamps out on Saturday, it was my husbands nephews 18th Birthday midweek and we went to Glasgow with hubby's side of the family, another great time. I was on nights on Sunday so I eventually had time to ink up my new stamps and took them in with me along with my copics, naughty I know but kills the quiet times, lol.

When I saw this stamp I immediately thought 'Mother's Day', but I must admit this isn't the way I imagined it would be, I love it when the card takes over the design.


When I've been blog hopping I saw on All the things I love two challenges it fits perfectly. Lili of the Valley Thursday challenge say it with flowers and Wild orchid challenge dieing to punch it out.



I can't remember which copics I've used as it was coloured in while I was at work, I've also used prismas to add some depth to the colour.



The flowers are different sized roses and cherry blossoms from wild orchid crafts, the crotchet border die and the doilie die are from my favourite things die-namics and the rose leaves are a magnolia doohickey die. I've used a technique I've just learned to cut the circle out with the image in using one of my nesties so that part of the image 'overhangs', for want of a better word.



The paper is from K & Co with bazzil from my stash. The sentiment is stamped on concentric tag from Go Kreate. 'With all my love' is a Magnolia die, 'Mam' is from stamping all day. Being from the North East I call my mother 'Mam', and couldn't find mam anywhere. I looked on stamping all days website and asked if the could make one, I was over the moon when I got these, at last no more doctored 'Mum' for me.

I'll be back soon,  have a few more cards coming together.

Take care and have a lovely week.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky.
    Love your Mothers day card! Bet your Mam will love it xx
    Your colouring is just fab.
    Look forward to seeing more of your lovely cards.
    Love, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This such a lovely card. All the colours look just great. What a fabulous card for your Mam on mothers day.

    Hugs, Jac x

    ReplyDelete