Followers

Monday 3 September 2018

Mmmm Cake..!!!


Morning everyone, I hope that you have all had a lovely summer, we are currently enjoying a bit of an Indian Summer here in the UK, but the nights are definitely pulling in now.

I was recently asked by a friend if I could make a card for her to give her friend, and the story was she was sixty almost a year ago and she was upset that she never had a party for her, so could I make the card for her surprise party and say that she is still sixty. This is what I made, and my friend said that it was perfect!


The cake is a special release Magnolia Doohickey and is available HERE, I have molded the icing a bit and built up the hot glue gun to give it a bit of depth. And then I went daft and added oodles of glitter, lol.


I have built the cake up on top of a pierced scalloped nesting die, available HERE, and for all of the paper on the card I have used different sheets from the 6x6 Maja Design paper pad 'Summertime' available HERE.


All of the other bits are from my stash.

Thank you for popping by,

Hugs,

Becky xx


6 comments:

  1. Great design its lovely Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, love the fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty card and I'm glad the recipient is getting a surprise "You're Still 60" party. How fun. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, this is gorgeous hun and I bet will be loved to bits by the lady who missed celebrating her 60th. I think you've absolutely nailed the brief! Gorgeous papers as always and fabulous design with that lovely doohickey cake. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete