Followers

Friday 4 May 2012

Rose Garden Tilda

Happy Friday everyone, today I've got a card that I've done for fun. And, as it's not a DT one it's not been scheduled (I have to schedule those as I would forget to post, lol). Thank you all for your kind words, I think (fingers crossed) that I am eventually over my tummy bug. How come the kids seem to shrug it off in no time, me I suffered for about 10 days! I was supposed to be getting ahead of myself with my DT stuff too, oh well never mind.

I got my new Magnolia stamps and so far I've only had time/energy to colour one of them in. I still wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, but I somehow managed to totally wipe my iPhone clean! No contacts, no songs, no apps-I was close to tears I can tell you. Somehow iTunes on my laptop has lost all of my songs, don't know how-although I did have a lot of computer problems a while back so it could have been then. Eventually, after a bit of swearing and pleading with the computer I managed to restore it to a backup from October. With googles help I've managed to get songs off my iPod on to my laptop and then into iTunes, it was nowhere near my whole library, but it was albums that I listen too, so I was a bit happier. My text messages were also restored, and on there was text conversations with my Mam from October, before any illnesses, it was nice to read what we'd text each other, and it made me realise just how much I am missing her.

Anyway, less of me and on with my card, if you're still with me, lol.




I've coloured Rose Garden Tilda with Distress Inks, and used two of the new Limited Edition Inks, this time they've brought them out in reinkers as well as the pads. I'm sure I've read though that they're going to bring the other previous limited editions out in the reinkers too, yay!! I've done the clouds with chalks.


Those absolutely divine papers are the new Maja Design pads, I bought two pads this time or I wouldn't have been able to cut into the just yet. All of the edges have been distressed with Walnut Stain, and I've added a splash of gold too. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the pearl swirl is from the Ribbon Girl. I'm entering this card into the 'Pearl and Swirl' challenge over at Just Magnolia and hAnglar stAnglar.


While I've still got your attention, if I didn't lose you at the begining, I want to tell you about one of my teammates at Totally Tilda, Lynne. Recently her 18 year old son found a lump and it was confirmed as being Hodgkins Lymphoma, which is a cancer of the Lymph Nodes. Her son has been having treatment at a unit funded by The Teenage Cancer Trust and to show her appreciation Lynne is doing a sponsored slim to raise funds. Her full story can be found here. I wish them all the best, after what has happened to me I already donate 20% of my card sales, through ebay, to Cancer Research UK.

Hope you have a lovely long weekend,

Hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the colours and the lace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing card found you through facebook tilda group x
    ps it qualifies for just magnolia this week if you want to enter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Becky.. coloured so beautiful! just perfect.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...stunning becky love this card but theres none i havent fell in love with..sorry you have had triles and tribulations with your phone...id have slung it i reckon...and would have been gutted ..amazing how we miss these things..im so happy you could retreve you moms texts i can understand how precious they are....anyway big hugs for all the info on the inks im sorted now popett..need more inks lol!!!!!!!! not sure the best place for them yet cause there not cheap..not complaining but so happy you helped me..so extra hugs for you taking the time to answer my questions and big thanks...sassy hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card. Hugs marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doh I missed the bit of the challenge in the speel please forgive me. This is so darling adore it to bits, thank you for joining us on Just Magnolia and Hanglar this week, Vicky DT X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky! Your creation is spectacular....magnificent coloring of this sweet Tilda! Love the fabulous design work and details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi becky stunning card i love your layout and your colouring is fab i wish i could find the courage to use my distress inks good luck with the challenge sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky,
    Sorry to hear abut your I-phone issue; it's so annoying when things like that happen. Luckily I have a very techie hubby who helps me out when disaster strikes. :-) Love this card; your coloring is so pretty as always!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky
    beautiful card.
    Sorry to hear about your itunes problem, I had the same thing happened to me, BUT luckily my lovely son was able to sort it out for me, I am (a COMPLETE technophobe) so had no idea what I had done. I am completely lost without my music blaring away, while I'm crafting. I'm so pleased that you were able to retrieve your Mam's text messages, they must be so precious to you.
    I would love to sponsor your teammates slim, BUT unfortunately (IF/WHEN) I do have any spare cash (& thats not very often nowadays) it goes to Team Hannah, Hannah is a beautiful young lady who has a brain tumour. Hannah needs £200 thousand for pioneering treatment in America. At the moment I am frantically making as many cards as I can to sell, for her fundraising. I hope your teammate raises lots of cash for a very worthy cause.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your patience with the blogging issue on JM and for reentering this card
    Vicky DT

    ReplyDelete