Followers

Saturday 7 December 2013

Christmas At The Ribbon Girl

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone that has been affected be the floods here in the UK are OK. I live about 50 meters away from the sea, so we're OK, but the road leading here is quite low lying, and we were practically an island again, one of the piers was almost submerged and the bottom layer to our prom was covered in sea. I'll pop a few pics at the end, but as high tide was at 5pm it was rather dark.

Onto my card, last Sunday our long Christmas challenge started at The Ribbon Girls, all of us have played along, pop over and have a look at all of the gorgeous makes.


I have coloured Winter Skates Tilda in with distress reinkers, I have used my new Martha Stewart Ice Flake punch that I picked up at Lili Of The Valley last Saturday, it was such a fun day, I can't wait for the next open day.


The papers are from the new Vintage Frost Basics from Maja Design and the card has been cut using a Tim Holtz on the edge die and then distressed with Walnut Stain.




And now a few pics of our flood,


There's a paddling pool there between the railings, and a beach to the left, but you can see how high we are by the wall on the right. We have a split level promenade, and this is the level of the lower prom.


And, there is a pier, honestly, there is a pier there, when the tide goes out the full pier is almost all out of the water. I'm grateful the wind wasn't blowing the right way or there would have been a lot of damage.


I pinched this pic of facebook, that is ground level as you come onto where I live, so the road near here was flooded, apparently it was over car windows, it was reported as being 5 feet deep, I would have got stuck in the queues of people coming home if I hadn't have been off work with my daughter having the winter vomiting bug, which she kindle passed onto me.

Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,

Becky xx



5 comments:

  1. Becky deine Karte ist ein Traum
    lg gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an absolutely Christmas card) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Becky,I'm fond of the colors do icey.
    lots of hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Gracie is getting over the bug (and you Becky) and how blessed you are that the sea didn't get any higher - scary - so glad we live on high ground! Your card by the way is gorgeous as usual, lovely colours. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Mary x

    ReplyDelete