Followers

Thursday 1 November 2012

Anything Goes As Marvelous Magnolia

Hi my lovelies, me again. Today is the day that we bring you our first challenge at Marvelous Magnolia, and our first challenge is 'Anything Goes'.

#

Something nice and easy for you to get your teeth into. Recently I was asked to make a card for my friends sort of ex SIL, by her sort of ex MIL, it's her 40th coming up and I was asked to make it girlie, I love girlie. I've coloured this special edition stamp from Doe@ding with my distress markers, and added glamour dust to the flower.



The DP is from Maja Design, from the Shall We Have Coffee collection, I love the purples and greens in this collection. I've distressed the edges and then machine sewn them using Top Stitch Thread. The sumptuous bow has been made using Ivory Scrunched Pleated Taffeta



I've also used Ivory Rose Pearl Organza along the bottom. The roses, cherry blossoms and the pearl string are from WOC, and I've used a Martha Stewart punch for the fronds. I've tucked a small packed behind with a tag in, and then fastened some trim and lace. I'm 36 so the big 4 0 is looming for me too, and I know I'm not looking forward to it so I've kept that a bit subtle.


Pop over to the Marvelous Magnolia and have a look at the gorgeous creations the rest of the pink team have made, we can't wait to see what you have made.

Hugs,

Becky x








23 comments:

  1. Marvelous becky!
    Lovely regards
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, fabulous display of magnolias, gorgeous coloring. Just got my stamp this afternoon, can't wait to color her.
    Hugs, Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! I love the bow and the floral ribbon.
    The image is wonderful! :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Becky!!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Becky love the image which is coloured as always beautifully and the layout and colours are fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Becky. Congratulations on your DT post. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky your card is ADORABLE :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky this is absolutely stunning!!! What a beautiful stamp and how you have coloured her is just darling. A simply beautiful card. Congrats on your new dt position and I am excited to be guesting with you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky

    Your creation is stunning...your colouring is perfect and I love the style of your card :0)))

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Becky.
    I love this stamp and wish I had one.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just amazing Becky, as always! Your creativity just inspires me everytime I see your new post on my dashboard!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Becky!
    Biggest CONGRATS on your newest dt spot! Im so happy for you AND for them because you are an addition to any team so they are lucky to have you :)

    Love your amazing creation, Im so jealous of you for being able to buy that sweet Maggie girl from Doe Ding, I cant because Im not in a country that can - feels a bit unfair ;) When you color and create using purple its always so beautiful. Purple is one of those colors I never seem to get right ;) Beautiful coloring and amazing details as well :)

    Biggest of hugs, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!! My jaw dropped when I saw your card!!!! It's magical and all the details are perfect!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW, WOW, WOW - I just love this to bits, the image is so beautifully coloured and that bow - I am speechless.
    I am over the moon to be working with you on the MM challenge.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunningly gorgeous! Awsome! Adorable image and beautiful details, simply stunning!
    I love this Tilda, but do you think I could buy her...no...I live in the wrong country :(
    Hugs Eva Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning card Becky. gorgeous image, beautifully coloured
    I have candy if you're interested
    BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so stunning Becky I love the colours you have used. Girlie is def my thing I\ would love it if that was a commission for me! I am 37 so the big 40 is closer for me! Hey its just a number right?! hugs rebkah xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card as always Becky. Love your style, so vintage and elegant. You always arrange your embellishments so beautifully.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  19. You do purple so well, my dear! Beautiful colouring and embellishment work. Congrats again on your new DT position; they're so fortunate to have you (I am as well!).Enjoy your weekend with family away - have fun and forget all about the card making world. Just for one weekend, ok? :-)

    Big Hug,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Becky
    love both of your cards.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete