Followers

Wednesday 21 November 2012

White Christmas at Midweek Magnolias

Hi my lovelies, time for another challenge at Midweek Magnolias, this week our theme is 'I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas', you can interpret this as you wish, you can do white on white, or with snow on there, but remember you must have a Magnolia image on.


I chose to go for not much colour, and plenty of snow. I've coloured him in with distress inks, yes, I have actually coloured him in, took me ages too, I hate doing white, it takes me the longest to do. I've used glitter that I've had for ages for the hat, silver for the snowflake and black glitter (that I forgot I had) for his buttons and nose.


I've used papers from Pion's Silent Night collection, from the 6x6 range and from the 12x12 range too. The edges have been distressed and machine sewn using white top stitch thread. I've also rolled some of the same collection of papers up to make little scrolls, fastened two rusty 13mm jingle bells with ivory button twine.


The roses are from WOC, the dusty blue rolled roses, white chrysanths and the opal beads are all from the Ribbon Girl, as is the white pleated satin with silver lurex centre ribbon. There also a few self adhesive pearls.


I've followed the sketch over at Simply Magnolia, I'm entering this into the 'Blue Christmas' at Fashionista Challenge and also the 'Pastel Colour' challenge at Deep Ocean.

Hugs,

Becky x





19 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I love the vintage look! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, its gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky this is gorgeous I love the snowman and the layout is stunning. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Becky, stunning card, love all the details and papers..fabulous image...love it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky
    lovely card, those paper's are scrummy.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful, love it all.

    Lots of hugs,
    Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, truly a magical creation!!!! Your snow is lifelike, I love everything! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable card wonderful elements Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhh, this is absolutely gorgeous, Becky!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww this is adorable becky...such a precious image and love the embellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky, this is a fabulous white-on-white card. Your snowman is adorable and I love the glittery elements you put on him. Gorgeous fence in the background and beautiful soft Pion papers. But I must say that your cute scroll is just fabulous with those rusty bells and my favorite part of the card. Is that strange or what!?! Very creative.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky this is fabulous! And my favourite snowman too! Love it! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Becky This is just so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Christmascard Becky, love the colours and details. Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Magnolia.

    XX Inge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Becky, love that sweet snowman, your papers and embellies are just perfect.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia. Hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous, Becky!
    I love the sweet image and pretty color.
    Thank you to take part in Deep Ocean Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs, Manu

    ReplyDelete