Followers

Sunday 11 November 2012

Santa Lucia Tilda

Hi my lovelies, I'm with you today with my card for our Dies or Punches challenge at Lovely Hanglar Or Sweet Magnolia, but first I'm going to be a bit more somber. 

Today, as I'm sure you know is Remembrance Day. I live right next door to a war memorial, it's actually quite historic, the plaque for the lives lost was placed in the whole the wall received during the bombardment of Hartlepool in 1914, which is just along from where the first soldier was killed on British soil during WW1. My mam's dad actually fought in the trenches in WW1 and two of her brothers fought in WW2, they were all lucky enough to come home. My dad's dad however, wasn't as lucky, he went down with his ship the HMS Culver on 31st January 1942, my dad thought he had a single memory of sitting on his knee, my auntie that was born in October 1941 was never even held by him. There are conflicting reports that I've found, either 125 or 135 souls were lost, with either 12 or 13 survivors, my granddad was a stoker so he won't have had a chance, so once again I have worn my poppy with pride.

Onto my card,


I've coloured Santa Lucia Tilda in with distress inks, and added red liquid pearls for the Logan berries (I've just thought, I'm only assuming they're red), I must apologise for my picture, it seems rather blurry. Click HERE for the story of Santa Lucia, it's a Swedish tradition, so I am entering my card into the 'Around The World' challenge at Deep Ocean Challenges,


The papers are from Magnolia and I've used oval nesties to cut ovals and the scalloped ovals. The border die is a doohickey die and I've also used my new doohickey die too for the leaves behind my flowers. The ribbon is from HERE, and the chrysanths are from HERE. 


The roses and pearl trim are from WOC, I've also used glamour dust and stickles. I'm also entering this into the first challenge at You, Me and Magnolia where the theme is 'Anything Goes'. Those gorgeous red berries are from Magnolia and I think they look lovely.


Pop over to LHOSM blog for some amazing inspiration from the DT.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend,

Hugs,

Becky xx






26 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Becky. I love this image and I've got her on order. Love the way you've done your flower arrangement too. Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Becky, love the BIG bow and lush flowers.

    xx Hugs Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John this is gorg sweets , she's coloured beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who the hell is John pmsl...
    Don't u just love predictive text...
    It was supposed to say....oh lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky this is beautiful the image is stunning and the layout is absolutely gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Grandad was killed in the war also :( bless him xxx
    It's so sad that young lives are still being lost in wars.
    Your card is beautiful lovely.
    melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Becky.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Becky, great creation thanks for joining in at YMAM

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous Becky. Love the sweet image and the layout and embellishments are lovely.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally beautiful is this Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Becky!!!! This is amazing!!!! I love how you coloured her and the beautiful accents!!! It's so clever of you to take liquid pearls for the berries! Must try it. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky
    Your card is just beautiful! On a note to our Remembrance Day which here in the USA is tomorrow - my prayers and thanks go out to all - my Dad was stationed in England during WW2 and meant my Mom there and the rest is history - me being the start of that wonderful tale. My Dad was one of the lucky ones and returned to US and 8 months later sent for my Mom and me! God Bless all these brave men and women always and their families! Big Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this card is fantastic Becky!
    Hugs Nicolet

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so precious, Becky. I love how you colored your background behind Tilda. Did you distress ink that too? Lovely extras on your card make this a special one.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky, love the colours hun and the flowers are fabulous.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the way you arrange the card entirely...and how you color the background..i might use this when use it for Metal business cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. sory for my english.....so nice...I love..I love

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heart warming to read of your families involvement and sacrifice in the war. I too lost my Grandpa (he died when mummy was 18 months old) who was a fighter pilot in the war. We honour their memories and sacrifice x

    Your card is gorgeous hun. I love this Santa Lucia Tilda, she's lovely and you've coloured her to perfection! Love the papers and all the embellies, but especially those berries, delish! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hiya Becky! So glad to be with you at Tilda's Town! Love your works soooo much!

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful Becky & thanks for sharing your beautiful but sad stories. The Poppy Apeal is one of the few charities left that I completely trust & believe to be a worthy cause that I donate to every year without fail.
    Thanks for entering your card at Deep Ocean, Take Care,
    Deb.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely Lucia! As far as I remember, I never made the Lucia, but I did got to sing solo a couple of times though. :-) Oh, but once I was Virgin Mary in the Nativity School Play!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete