Followers

Monday 24 September 2012

Dutch Saturated Canary

Hi my lovelies,
Yay, I've managed to get this card finished. I printed this image out before I went away, but I had so much DT stuff to finish that it had to wait. I know the Dutch outfit is usually blue and white, however when I was in infants, I was about 6, I painted a tree with blue leaves and I always remember my Mam telling me that as the artist it was up to me to choose what colours I use (I actually tell Grace this too), so when I reached for my pink pen I thought, why not?? As I use distress markers to colour I clear emboss when I've printed the image, and I'm not sure how well you can see this on the pictures, but it gives the eyes a lovely sparkle.



Isn't she the sweetest image (I admit I can be dim, when I was colouring this in I thought to myself, I'm going to do the dickie bird as a canary, it was only when I finished that I realised that the image is by Krista from 'Saturated Canary', d'oh). As I said earlier I've coloured her with my distress markers, and I've coloured the pens in her basket in the colours I've used, I know they're supposed to be copics, but once again 'artist interpretation', lol.


I'm entering this card into the first challenge at the Het Canary Blog, the 'Thank You' challenge at Totally GorgeousBunnyzoes 'Distressing' challenge and the '....B's....' challenge at Saturated Canary are you ready for my alliteration, I've used a Buckle, Bling, Brown Bazzil Bling Backing card, Blue sky, Beady Swirly thing and Blooms ;)


The paper is from Maja Design, the edges have been distressed and then machine sewn using Cream Top Stitch Thread, there's a Diamante Rectangular Buckle on some Rose Pink Silky Crush,  Cream Chrysanths and  Beaded White Swirl Branch are all from The Ribbon Girl, the roses are from WOC. I've eventually used my little cloud dies, I've had them ages and this is the first card that I've remembered to use them on, the sentiment is from LOTV. I've added Stickles to all of the flowers.


I've used chalks for the clouds, so I've used a crafters companion spray to fix it, this gives the image a lovely shine.

Hugs,

Becky x

13 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely card you've made! As a dutch-girl I totally don't mind that the colors aren't typical "dutch". Hihi I might even like this more!! But don't tell anyone ;)

    hugs Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Becky. I love the colours you've achieved with the distress inks. I'm yet to try these lovely pens. I'm still trying to master the Promarkers! LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Becky! I do love your style and the soft colours you use! Beautiful! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card, Becky.....I can't wait to purchase this beautiful image!!!!! You did such an outstanding job coloring and showcasing her....BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lusharoo lovely! Fab colour she looks great in pink :) All very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image Becky and the layout and embellis are stunning too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image and I loved these papers the last time you used them. Love the layout to.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you went with the pink Becky its beautiful and love the canary!! lol Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning Becky, love the image, beautiful details !

    hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning colouring on a fabulous card Becky.... and I totally agree.. you can choose any colour you like as the artist.... but then maybe I'm a little biased towards pink... wonder why? hehe!

    Do you mean you clear emboss with a sakura pen?

    I really must master the art of DI colouring....it always looks so good. I have all the stuff but not managed it yet!!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. squeeee becky this is just gorgeous hun!! oh I love it!!!
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary x

    ReplyDelete