Followers

Sunday 23 September 2012

Gnomes Couple

Hi my lovelies,

I'm here today with my inspirational card for Live and Love Crafts, this week we're bringing you inspiration using Vilda Stamps. But first I want to tell you something.

I (eventually) drew my candy the other day, the post is here.

Jelly has contacted me, and out of over 200 people who entered world wide not only is she a fellow Hartlepudlian, she lives around a few corners away from me and actually grew up out the back of my Mam and Dad's house and used to play with my brother and a few others that grew up round me. Isn't it a small world, especially as apart from profile pics I don't know what she looks like (my brother is a few years younger than me), I think this is rather spooky, thank you Random Org.

Also, I've got to add I was completely blown away by how many people entered my candy, and the lovely comments I have received on all of my posts. I want to take this chance to say a HUGE HELLO to all of my new followers, I really am humbled. Both hubby and I had lovely birthdays, and our holiday was brilliant, despite two days of rain we still had a lovely time, I'm already looking to get booked up for next year.

On to my card, but I had to share that.


I've coloured Gnomes Couple in with my distress markers, aren't the just sooooo cute?? I've added Crystal Glamour Dust to her heart and Gold Glamour Dust to her bell. For the first time ever I've made a gatefold card, I thought they'd just look so cute on either side. I didn't have big enough sheets of card, so I used two sheets, cut half off each one and then glued the biggest sides together. The papers are Guardian Angels 6x6 from Pion Design, the edges have all been distressed with Walnut Stain. I got my package off Sandy yesterday and there was so much stuff in to play with :)


For the inside I used the top left design off the sheet, it has the perfect space for inside. I wanted the front of the card to look like a full sheet, so I fastened some Storm Clouds Shabby Seam Binding with White Vintage Pearl Brads and tied a bow.


I've used Wood Alphabet Tiles to spell 'JOY', and I've added Snow Tex to them, and other places haphazardly around the card. The pearls are White Melissa Frances Pearls. For my floral display I've used a gorgeous pin which will be available here, a Columbia Blue Hortensia, a White Magnolia Shabby Chic Dahlia Tinsel, some White PoppiesWhite Chrysanthemums and White Rolled Roses.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend, I'm going to get my markers out, I've hardly coloured for about two weeks as I had so many cards to assemble and schedule for while I was away. I took colouring things for the kids, but not me, I watched Grace so enviously, lol.

I'm entering this into the 'Anything Goes Christmas' challenge at Fashionista.

Hugs,

Becky x




23 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Becky, love the images and soft colouring, fabulous gate fold card,fabulous details and papers.Love the sentiment tiles too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie hun. Love the gnomes, and all your lush little details.

    Can't believe you didn't take any pens with you. How brave. I get the DT's if I dont take something with me - lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute coupple this is ,lovely creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Becky smashing image hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, was für eie fantastische Karte. Wunderschön.
    LG Angel 007

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww Becky.... what a fabulous card!! I love Mr and Mrs Gnome... and the gatefold is perfect for them! Gorgeous papers, as always... too!!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it's possible to get a more perfect colouring match to the papers. Absolutely brilliant, Becky. The gatefold format is perfect for this image and I'm in love with everything on this card!!! Yes; I'd even go as far as saying that is even more beautiful then the Tilda Pickin Cherry Card, and you know how much I loved that one!!!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb card! love the image and how you have matched it up so beautifully.
    Love, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Becky! Those gnomes are adorable!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these I just ordered the kissing ones can't wai to play your card is fab Hun stunning

    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky
    love love love your card, your colouring is absolutely O.O.T.W., love those sweet images.
    So pleased that you had a lovely Birthday & holiday (you so deserved it). Talking of holidays I am off (again) lol, for a couple of weeks. We are off to stay in the forest ,so if I don't comment don't think I've done a runner it will be that there is no internet.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love these Tomtens! So reminds me of my last Winter in Sweden!! Gorgeous card Becky. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love it !

    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  14. My word these images are just so wonderful for Christmas and loving these papers! Glad you had a lovely holiday and you both enjoyed ya birthdays! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. it really is a small world sometimes :) love these gnomes, the colours are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Becky, this is fab hun. Just love the images and the papers and colours you used are wonderful. I just can't seem to master my distress markers at all, wish I lived just round the corner, I'd be calling for lessons lol.
    How unbelievable is that eh!
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  17. CARINISSIMI QUESTI DUE GNOMI

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab creation and the images are stunning
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Becky this is brilliant! I have just realised you live on the North East Coast, as we do! Pretty cold and wet today yes? I love this card, and in fact love your work. You have a grat style! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it!!!!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge Blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next time!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at Fashionista Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card and perfect for our anything goes at christmas challenge over at Fashionista
    Good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    OSAAT DT member

    ReplyDelete