Followers

Sunday 2 September 2012

Summer Flower Tilda

Hi my lovelies, I've made a card today just for fun. I was at work for twelve long hours yesterday day and I was itching to get this card made. The kids go back to school on Tuesday and they need some school shoes, I've left it until the end of the holidays as they both seem to grow overnight. I actually bought William a new pair of shoes about six weeks before the end of last term, they wouldn't even go on his feet on Friday and there was me thinking that they'd fit him for a few weeks and I'd be able to stagger buying their shoes.


I've coloured Summer Flower Tilda with my distress markers, and added sparkle with Glamour Dust. Surprisingly I've used Maja Design papers again, I can't get enough of them, the edges have been distressed with a Tim Holtz Distresser Tool and then machine sewn them with Top Stitch Thread.


The roses are from WOC and I've added sparkle with Stickles. I've sewn 10 mm White Tiny Pom Pom Trim on the smaller square and stuck Pink Looped Organza Trim behind Tilda. I've also stuck on a few 5 mm Adhesive Pearls.


Once again my arty view, what you can't see is that Grace managed to get her elbow in the picture, she's my little shadow. I had to pop in work the other day and as I went down the lab I was told that they looked like my little penguins following me, I thought that was a great description.


I've made this card for the following challenges:
Just Magnolia - Pretty In Pink
Deep Ocean Challenge - Things With Wings
In The Pink - Things With Wings
Sketch Saturday - Week #223
Simply Magnolia - Pink, White, Green and/or Blue
MDUC - Bingo, I've gone for 'Flowers, Green and Sewing'

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thank you for visiting me. I'm off to colour some more images in whilst we watch Megamind and then Men in Black II.

Hugs,

Becky xx

20 comments:

  1. Hi again :) xx
    I know what your saying about the Maja papers, with you on that one! they are so beautiful!
    your card is wonderful, I love pink looped organza! I have some and it's gorg!
    Thanks Bex for joining us at Deep Ocean with your fab card, love,melly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this is simply adorable...I love the colours you´ve used and all the lovely details fit fantastic :0)))

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...... another stunner Becky..... I love everything about it!! I've just treated myself to that stamp a couple of weeks back and am slowly trying to learn DI colouring... not good yet I'm afraid!! hehe

    Thanks for joining us again at In The Pink.... and hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WWooowww Becky, awesome card!!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Totally Tilda is gorgeous and your colouring and layout is amazing so beautifully finished too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new card! the colors, Tilda and that die is gorgeous , i have it myself....
    Greets , Martine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty! Love the colour mix of the roses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your latest card! Summer Flower Tilda is soo pretty! I love the soft colors and yet it almost feels vintage like! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky,

    you make beautyful cards!
    Love your blog!

    Hugs Pouwla.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Becky, I love it! The soft colours and shabby chic effect are gorgeous, and I love the sparkles too :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Becky - I love all the sparkle.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning! I love the frame, gorgeous colors, and so many great details like the pompoms and the pearls. Beautiful flowers.

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky
    love your VERY pretty card.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Simply stunning, what more can I say. I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Becky, love the colours and details ( inside and out).
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia.

    XX Inge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning creation....so sweet^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  17. well they dont get much prettier than this !! stunning becky loving her sparkly wings thanks so much for joining us at simply magnolia and MDUC this week
    hugs sara x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hiya Becky
    So really gorgeous and perfect for our bingo challenge.
    Thankyou so much for joining in with us this week at MDUC
    Big Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a lovely card,
    Thanks for joining in on our challenge this week at MDUC
    hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete