Followers

Saturday 1 September 2012

Lovely Lace at Live & Love Crafts Challenge

Hi my lovelies, first of the month and time for our third challenge at Live and Love Crafts, we had some amazing takes on Elizabeth's sketch last month, this month our theme is 'Lovely Lace or Terrific Trim'.



This is another card I've been asked to make by a colleague at work. Her friend adopted a little boy and girl and they're having a joint naming day for them both. Apparently it's hard to get a good choice of naming day cards, and she's never seen a joint one. The little girl is 6 and the little boy is 4, but I like this image from Sarah Kay as they're holding hands and look so sweet.


I've used Maja Designs As Long As I Live papers and I've distressed the edges with Walnut Stain. I've trimmed the middle panel with Lace Vanille and also used Pearl String.


The sentiment is computer generated and I've attached an Idea-ology Hinge Clip the roses and Chrysanths are from Kort and Godt and the Shabby Chic Magnolia Tinsel Dahlia is available here.


I've also added sparkle with Glamour Dust.

Our 'Lovely Lace or Terrific Trim' at Live and Love Crafts runs all month, we can't wait to see what you create.

Hugs,

Becky xx

12 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful. The Sarah Kay image, lace, flowers.. in fact everything about it. I'm sure it will be long cherished xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky
    what a beautiful card for such a special day, this will be a card that will be treasured for ever. I've been arming & arring about buying this stamp for ages, (I'm supposed to not be buying any more stamps, until I have sorted out the many I already have), BUT your beautiful card has put paid to this, as it has made me realise that I need to get it lol.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! I love the Sarah kay image and you have made a perfect and gorgous card with this image! Love it!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I think that image is just prefect for the occasion! love it!!
    melly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card becky...so delicate and vintagey feel...love it hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Becky, Totally stunning work so delicate and beautifully presented x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Becky! Love the sweet image,and the gorgeous die around it. Gorgeous papers and design! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely.. Great colours, Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful card Becky. Love the colours and such a sweet image.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! such a gorgeous card,love the soft colours and lovely detail too- really special card.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky,
    you should do more Sarah Kay cards. I remember I saw another one you did for CLP also in brown/blue a while back, and they're gorgeous!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete