Followers

Friday 31 August 2012

Ellie's Birthday

Hi my lovelies, if you read my post yesterday you'll have seen how I was going to go off and colour one of my Saturated Canary's after receiving them yesterday. I knew that the challenge at Saturated Canary was due to start yesterday too, so when I saw that the theme was 'Dotty' I found this paper and then inked up this stamp.

I normally stamp in brown, but I knew that wouldn't go with the eyes on Krista's images, so I've used a dark grey as I think black is a bit harsh with my lighter colouring. I've coloured Ellie's Birthday with my distress inks.


Most of my flowers are from WOC, but the pink Chrysanths are from The Ribbon Girl and are actually White Kort and Godt Chrysanths that I've painted with Picked Raspberry distress ink so that they perfectly match her balloon. I've used 32mm White Pure Silk Ribbon to make the scrummy bow. There's 10mm White Tiny Pom Pom Trim and a couple of 5mm Ivory Self Adhesive Pearls.


The papers are from Maja Design, I do have papers from other manufacturers but my hand keeps going for these lately, lol. The edges have been distressed and machine sewn using Top Stitching Thread.


The linky currently is AWOL at Saturated Canary Challenges, but when it's up I'll be entering this there. 

I hope you all have a great weekend, I'm working for 12 long hours tomorrow-I'd rather work nights, but I'm taking my markers in with me ;)

Hugs,


17 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Becky!!! This is absolutely stunning... no need for me to enter now :(

    You always Rock!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hun this is gorgeous, love it,fab colouring and love the image, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Becky, lovely creation you made xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw ! So beautiful card with so lovely details !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous card. Love the colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, It's a stunning card, such a beautiful image too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bex,
    What a beautiful card, love the image and the gorg colours!!
    So pretty, love,melly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this SC image and you did a fantastic job showcasing her....love all the layers and that gorgeous paper! Absolutely breathtaking!!!! Awesome coloring as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woowww Becky, it's really awesome!!!! Beautiful colors!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Becky. Love the image..beautiful colouring and all the details on your card..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, I love her! will have to get that image now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lusharoo lovely. Love the pop of pink in the flowers. Beautiful colouring as always lovely :) Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky,
    Saw this card on FB yesterday and loved it instantly. A fun, happy card! Love the pom pom trim on top. Great image and colouring.


    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is simply gorgeous!! Everything about is just so pretty! And I love Saturated Canary images! :). Your coloring is awesome! I still need some practice with my distress markers. Lol. Hugs, Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally gorgeous card sweetie love the papers you have used the colours are lush hun.

    Thank you also for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary, hope you will join us again hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful card Becky. LOVE the whole thing... so soft and sweet! Great job! Thanks for joining in our Saturated Canary challenge and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete