Followers

Sunday 26 August 2012

Bookmarks at Totally Tilda

Hi my lovelies, today is the start of another challenge at Totally Tilda, and this fortnight we want to see your bookmarks with Tilda on. I have to confess I do struggle with non card challenges, and this was no exception. I did have a few things in mind, but I decided on this one as I've never coloured a mini Tilda in before.


I actually really enjoyed colouring them in, even though each mini took me as long to colour in as a normal sized one. I've used nesties to cut the rectangles out, and used Tim Holtz coordination's as the colours match my distress inks that I've used to colour the Tilda's in. I've used an inverted corner punch on the bottom, I've stuck 13 mm White Fine Vintage Style Cluny Lace between two pieces of the card. The fancy die cut is from a doohickey tag set, I've used Ash Rose Shabby Seam Binding for a tassel and I've subtly added Chrystal Glamour Dust.


We're sponsored for this challenge by Wild Orchid Crafts. Pop over to Totally Tilda, there are some seriously talented ladies there, the creations are amazing.

As soon as Grace saw this she asked me if she could have it, and smiled ever so sweetly. My kids know exactly how to work me, so this is now safely tucked inside a Little Miss book on her bedside table. I wouldn't care, I was quietly pleased with how this had turned out and even though I have a kindle I do occasionally still like to read a proper book and I was wanting this for myself, oh well if I ever get the time I will be creating another one 

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely Bex, I am not a bit suprised your little one snaffled it away :) Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is stunning , love your mini Tilda's they are beautiful and the design is gorgeous.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's superb! no wonder Grace wanted it ;)
    beautiful design, and I love your liitle Tilda's!
    Love, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww gorgeous sweet Tilda creation you have done a fantastic job with those mini Tildas..lovely take on the chall theme.

    smiles mummy Tildarette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that challenegs with non-cards are a bit more difficult! You did superb, as always!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, Your Tilda bookmark is stunning and your image is so gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. just beautiful Becky! and grace has great taste!
    hugs
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky
    love this, you are such a kind Mum giving this to Grace when you would have liked it yourself.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable and not one but 3 Tildas !!!
    You would never guess you felt outside your comfort zone making projects that aren't cards coz you've made some stunning non card things......hangers etc and now this ....ask Grace I bet she'd agree with me ;)
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Gorgeous coloring as usual and great idea!
    Love it!
    Hugs,
    LIM :)

    ReplyDelete