Followers

Sunday 26 August 2012

Vintage Summer Christmas


Hi, here's my card for the Christmas without Christmas papers at Live and Love Crafts. When I first saw this theme I was a little daunted, but once I got going I couldn't stop (in fact I scheduled this post on 19th August, how is that for organised). I'm entering it into the stitching challenge at MDUC.


I set myself the challenge of using The Vintage Summer Basics from Maja Design, and I didn't want to use a Christmas Sentiment, I felt that was cheating, lol. The papers are 1922, 1933, 1916 and the snowflakes have been cut from 1945. I love this collection, I colour with distress inks and the colours match perfectly. The edges have been distressed using a Tim Holtz Distresser Tool and then machine sewn.


The Poinsettia's have been cut out of Tim Holtz coordinations, as the colours are the same as the distress inks, I've then sanded them a bit using a Tim Holtz Sanding Grip. I've used a Mini Round Brad to fasten each of the Poinsettia's in place. 


I've used some of the scrumptious Ash Rose Shabby Seam Binding and tied a double bow. There's a Vintage Tag with Chantilly Lace tucked away there too.


I've also added sparkle with glamour dust and Liquid Pearls. Tilda with a Cute Lamb has been coloured with Distress Inks, and I've coloured the lamb in to look like a dog, well sort of. I'm entering it into the stitching challenge at MDUC.


And, click here to go to the shop as there's 15% off this Bank Holiday weekend, just enter the code 'Bank' at checkout, this is available until midnight on Monday 27th August.




Hugs,

Becky x



15 comments:

  1. Ooh this is lovely - I wasn't too sure how to go about this challenge but now you've given me loads of ideas, so thank you sweetie! As ever, your colouring is out of this world. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Becky love the image which is coloured so beautifully and the layout and papers are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is absolutely adorable Becky, love all the sparkling details and your beautiful colouring. Your design and layout is amazing, you are so talented! Love the snowflakes and the poinsettas, they look fabulous! Such an ncredible christmas card!

    hugs
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky, Wow this is so beautiful love the image and all of the layers and embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky, this is stunning. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Your stitching is fabulous hun. Shouts winner to me lol.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky
    this card is Beautiful, with a capital B.
    I'm VERY impressed with you being so organised (can you share your secret with me please) lol.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card!!! Such beautiful colors!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Becky this is stunning darling I love your colouring and that pink is luscious
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie this is sooooooo bootiful me darlin' love the colours & papers.
    Well the weather was so much kinder to us today here altho sitting in my craft room directly inline with the sun I was wishing for rain again lol......we are never happy are we hun lol. It was nice to have a lovely sunny day.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL CARD,LOVE THE PAPERS.SUZYD X

    ReplyDelete
  11. OoOh Becky! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love how you've coloured this sweet Tilda and all those layers of papers .. sigh .. dreammmmy!!! Stunning work yet again my dear!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really exciting stuff! i enjoyed every thing here in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty Becky! I love the colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at MDUC this week!
    Hugs Janne

    ReplyDelete